|Every woman deserves a glass slipper. What’s yours?|
Yesterday was International Women’s Day and like many of my fellow sisters, I celebrated by being as awesome as I am normally.
I celebrated this global day to the feminine by doing what I always do — work and write. (Awesome is optional usually.)
But I couldn’t let the day go by, even belatedly, without sharing some interesting links I found in the webisphere about/for/written-by women. Most of these links I’ve tweeted out, but they are worth revisiting.
So, here are the women-power links to celebrate womanhood across the globe. Enjoy the read!
- Alice Walker: I feel dedicated to the whole of humanity. The Observer.
- Only Ugly Women Become Lawyers: What Betty Friedan Changed. The New Yorker.
- Remembering Marion Carpenter, the First White House Female Photographer. Photography News.
- Mothers Rewriting the Future. Huffington Post.
- The Woman Who Traveled Around the World…in 1889. Fodor’s.
- Five great books to give to a young woman today. CBC Books.